107# and 31.5"
It's hard to believe that I only grew half an inch this month, but I think everything has rounded out and moved to the front. :)
Baby is as big as a bell pepper and weighs almost 7 ounces, and is about 5 1/2 inches, head to bottom.
PHOTO: BabyCenter
I really can't believe it's been four months. Wow. Time flies. We're almost half way through! How is that even possible?! And so far I really can't complain. My energy level is back, but I still do get tired in the mid-afternoon. That kind of sucks on the days when I'm in the office, but I deal. I've been going to the gym pretty regularly, which I think is helping me feel good overall. I met another mommy-to-be at the gym, who is due any day now, and she said the best advice she could give me is to keep working out. This is her second, and she said that even with a rough first trimester, she has felt so much better this time around because she has been consistent with working out. And let me tell you, mommy was working out! Lifting weights, using the medicine ball, working up a sweat on the treadmill. She's my new inspiration! So I try to stick to this schedule: cardio and weights Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; prenatal yoga on Tuesdays; and hike on Thursdays. Weekends are for relaxation and rejuvenation. :)
The hefty appetite definitely started this month. I've suffered from some pretty uncomfortable heartburn and indigestion (probably due to my tiny torso), but it hasn't stopped me from eating! I've had more salt cravings than sweet, which is odd for me. (Kettle chips and onion dip... Yum...) But I still have my dark chocolate every night (a pre-pregnancy ritual). Despite the pigging out, my weight gain is right on track -- a pretty consistent pound a week.
We had a bit of a scare Monday with some mild contractions, but the doctor had us come in and everything seems to be okay. Just the thought of anything being wrong with our baby sent me on an emotional roller coaster. All I could focus on was our little peanut, and making sure he/she is perfect. I guess it was my first taste of how overwhelming the unconditional love that comes with being a parent is. Let me tell you, as soon as I saw that little heart beating, I felt my entire body relax. And any time we can get a sneak peak at baby is fine by us!
We have our second trimester ultrasound on Friday, so keep your fingers crossed that everything is going well, and that baby cooperates and we are able to find out the gender. I just put a poll up in my sidebar, so let me know your guess!
My progress:
One Month: 100# and 24"
Two Months: 101# and 25"
Three Months: 104# and 31"
Four Months: 107# and 31.5"
1 comment:
I voted girl, but now I think boy. i can't decide, just hurry up and find out already.
p.s. please stop calling your flat stomach a belly. Mine pops out more than yours.
Post a Comment