Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The WORST Christmas Light Display(s)

Okay, I appreciate the attempt. I guess. But seriously, what is it with some people and their complete lack of taste when decorating their homes for the holidays?

Like the houses that do their Christmas lights in all red or green - or BLUE.

Now I know you are saying, "But maybe they are Jewish, Joy?". No, I know they are not Jewish. The forty foot inflatable nativity scene on their front lawn is a pretty good indicator.

I passed a house the other night that had a ba-gillion white stars all over, colored lights only around the garage, six moving reindeer, and an inflatable Frosty. Less is more people. Less is more.

Of course I'm not the first to complain. I found a website dedicated to Ugly Christmas Lights. The Redneck Xmas is my personal fav. Although the Foil House is a pretty close second.

What tops your Christmas light faux pas list?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have found inspiration!

Anonymous said...

by faux pas do you mean doing something awesomely? then, I guess, my top christmas light faux pas is going to a jewish friend’s house and giving them guff for not having a nativity scene on their front lawn with a 1000-watt flood light focused directly on baby jesus. merry jesus birthday, everyone!!!

Joy Johnson said...

Ahhh, how could I leave out baby Jesus in all his flood light glory. That's a classic.