Friday, March 13, 2009

38 Weeks and Counting...

Just a quick update. :)

I had a doctor's appointment this morning, and it sounds like baby is getting ready to make his grand entrance! I haven't dilated much, but my cervix has thinned about 40% she guesses. 

My belly didn't grow this week (still at 37 cm), but she didn't expect it to. Especially since baby's head is literally pushing down on my cervix! She laughed because she felt the top of his head immediately. So that explains the intense pressure I've been feeling the past few days, and the need to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes. 

Her guess is that he is about 6 lbs. 12 oz as of now. Any guesses on the birth weight?? 

Oh, and speaking of guesses, I've put a poll up for baby's arrival date. Please let me know what your guess is!! :)

As for me, my energy level has gone down a bit, and lower back pain has intensified, but besides that I'm doing well. We can only hope delivery goes as smoothly as my pregnancy has! 

Today is my last day at work, so I plan to update you all more frequently as we head down the home stretch...  It's getting exciting!!

4 comments:

DeeDee said...

Keep us posted! Have a nice, relaxing weekend and enjoy your chocolates! ;-)

Unknown said...

March 19th is my guess! : )

Anonymous said...

wait... my energy level has lowered and my lower back pain has intensified too! strange...

Mike said...

Doctors are always wrong, that's why I never listen to Oana.. I'll say 7 lbs 6 oz.. 3/27