Thursday, November 20, 2008

Five Month Belly!

Five months -- can you believe it? Next week, Thanksgiving... then soon after Christmas... next thing you know I'll be posting baby pics! Okay, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, I know. But I just can't believe how fast time has flown by. My mommy friends all tell me to enjoy this, because the last month craaaaaawls. So I am!

Let's see... this month the belly ring had to come out. I took a straight-on shot so you all can see that it looks like my belly button will probably pop out. I'm pretty dang close. Tripple is a little freaked out by it, but I think it's cute.

I think I'm huge already, but my mom's last reaction was, "Is that all?". I didn't gain any weight the first week of my fifth month, and then only half a pound the second week, but I quickly made up for it and gained 4 pounds total this month. I've really been into baking lately, so the cookies have probably helped. :) And late night hunger started this week, so I'll need to stock the fridge with some quick and easy snacks for midnight munchies.

Baby boy is very active. I feel him moving around all the time, particularly when I'm getting ready to eat (demanding baby already!). Tripple and Auntie Nay both have felt light movements! I can't wait for Tripple to feel him like I feel him (well obviously not exactly how I feel him... just more strength to those little kicks).

We started work on the nursery this month. We're at least getting the painting done before my mother-in-law arrives on Sunday. Tripple is almost done, actually. Just another coat and touch-up. It's frustrating not being able to help, but there are plenty of other things for me to do.

Baby boy is spoiled already! My mom and dad bought him his first present -- a fully functioning collectors train set. Auntie Nay bought baby a super cute turtle that lights up the ceiling with constellations. My friend Desiree's daughter Zoe picked out his first teddy bear. And I hear my mother-in-law has been doing some shopping out there in NC (no surprises there :p). Not only are we blessed with this wonderful gift of life, but our son is already blessed with such kind and generous family and friends! How fortunate are we?!?

So here it is -- the five month belly:



112# and 33"


Baby has stretched to the size of a spaghetti squash, weighs almost a pound, and is nearly 11 inches.
PHOTO: BabyCenter


My progress:
One Month: 100# and 24"
Two Months: 101# and 25"
Three Months: 104# and 31"
Four Months: 107# and 31.5"
Five Months: 112# and 33"

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

Yeayy! You look great Joy! (well, not sure about your face, but your belly does!) I'm so happy for you and Trip.