It really is a great state park, with some beautiful (and challenging!) hiking trails, and just a quick walk to the beach. I highly recommend! I also highly recommend a blowup mattress that takes up your entire tent, both vertically and horizontally. Ridiculous - maybe. Comfy - you know it! Thanks to Adam and Nay for letting us keep our bags in their tent since we didn't have any room.






Thursday, September 11, 2008
Camping at San Simeon State Park.
So I'm a week late, but wanted to share some pictures I shot during our Labor Day weekend camping trip to San Simeon. Camping Labor Day weekend has become a tradition for the Parmelee/Johnson families, and this was yet another success! San Simeon State Park is located 35 miles north of San Luis Obispo on Highway 1, and 5 miles south of the Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Visitor Center. The community of Cambria is located 2 miles to the South and offers gas stations and grocery stores.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i wish i was there right now.
Love these pictures! And the seaweed ball too. : ) Good times!
Post a Comment