It's been couple weeks since I posted my resolutions, so I thought I should give a quick update, since usually these things fall apart after about six hours (okay, maybe that's just me).
Eat More Fresh, Organic, and Raw
I've actually been doing really well with this! I've had a piece of fruit with breakfast every morning, and we've been eating fresh vegetables with every dinner. Either a salad or some quickly steamed veggies on the side. My next goal is to get to the farmers market every week!
Use Organic Beauty Products
My sister took me to a lovely spa day for my birthday, and one of my treatments was a facial. The aesthetician asked me what I am currently using. I told her it's funny she should ask that, as I recently resolved to use only organic products. Her reply - "Hmmmm, so only organic. Interesting." When I asked her if she thought that was a bad thing she just said, "No not necessarily." I was going to say, "Did you know they test EVERY batch of Botax on animals?", but decided to not get into it with her and just shut up. So, doing well so far, with a bit of static from the people trying to make money off me. Oh, and I totally broke out after that facial.
Go to the Gym at Least Three Days a Week
Well it hasn't been that long, but so far I'm sticking to it. It's a lot harder than I thought, especially with an hour commute each way, but I am really making the effort! Step One is the hard part - getting out of bed early enough so I have time to go before work. I like morning nuggles. Is that so wrong?
Streeeeeeeetch More
So stretching after the gym has been going well, but stretching every night not so well. Honestly, I just forget. Maybe I need a sticky note on my TV, because that I do not forget.
Meditate for at Least 5 Minutes Everyday
This is the one I have been slacking on. Five minutes - really, Joy. Is that so hard? Ugh. I am lame.
Have More Fun!
This past Saturday I had a little get together for my 32nd birthday, a Game Night Potluck. I know, doesn't sound that hip and happenin' - I find that in my 30s the birthdays are a bit less wild and glamorous than they used to be. But I have to say, it was one of the most fun birthdays I've had in a long time (my 30th might have been the most fun, but I don't remember any of it). I realized this weekend that I am blessed with some really great friends, and I should not take that for granted. So I reworked this resolution to include having more fun with friends as well. <SMILE>
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"So I reworked this resolution to include having more fun with friends as well."
way to backtrack there buddy...
Post a Comment