Friday, December 11, 2009

Kitchen Remodel Update!

Did I really miss the entire month of November? I'm sorry! But I have a good excuse. Remember that kitchen remodel I mentioned before? Well, we're almost done! I know our goal was originally Thanksgiving, but that was kind of my goal, and I didn't really talk to the man in charge. "Do you want it done right, or do you want to rush it?" my super smart and lovely brother said. So, we pushed the timeline out a month. And good thing we did, because we've run into all sorts of problems (mainly that every wall in the kitchen is ridiculously crooked).

So I know I promised updates along the way (with pictures!), but better late than never, right? :)

It wasn't until Trip started demo-ing that I realized we hadn't taken a "before" picture. So here is the kitchen after he started taking off doors, taking things out of the cabinets, and I was rushing to cook a bunch of meals before the stove would be gone. What a disaster!


Notice the lighting. Ew.


Cabinets off!


All cabinets out!


The last piece of linoleum to rip up. Definitely something you should be doing in flip flops.


Peebs inspecting the work. I believe he was satisfied.


Walls painted. Now time to install cabinets.


Adam helping Trip. (Hahahaha -- we ALL know who's really been doing all the work.)


Pantry cabinets installed!


All cabinets built! Pantry cabinets installed! Lighting done! Backer board down!


The doors on the back pantry. Trip demonstrating how it will look with the pulls.


Got the fridge panel and the microwave vent installed. Cheers!


Look how dedicated he is! He even worked through an injury.


Microwave installed and working! (They had to test it.)


Placing the range for the counter plywood measurements.


How he is so happy with all the mess around him is beyond me. It's making me slightly insane.


Range fits like a glove!


All cabinets installed! Notice the cabinets all the way across. Gaining a whole cabinet. Woo hoo!


Starting to place the tile.


Look at that gorgeous 18" porcelain tile.


Last tile!


Kickplates installed and tile placed and grouted!


Cabinet doors installed in pantry. Just need to install baseboards and we're ready for the new washer and dryer.


Other side of the pantry.


All shelves, drawers and doors installed! Lemieux's turn to inspect.


Countertops installed!


So pretty!


CaesarStone Quartz in Pebble.

What's left:
  • Install sink fixtures (faucet, soap dispenser, filtered water faucet)
  • Install sink cabinet door
  • Backsplash
  • Place appliances (fridge, range, dishwasher, washer and dryer)
  • Install all cabinet pulls
  • Install beauty bars under cabinets
  • Install under cabinet lighting
  • Replace all outlets and switches
We're getting there!!

2 comments:

kit said...

Your kitchen is coming together! It looks great :)

Mike said...

Great job Adam,,,er i mean Trip and Adam.